Saturday, August 18, 2012

Advantages and Disadvantages of selenium automation tool


Advantages of Selenium

    1. Open Source
    2. Supports all browsers like IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari
    3. Supports all Operating Systems.
    4. Supports all programming languages Java,Ruby,C# and Python.
    5. Run multiple tests at a time.

Disadvantages

  1. Identifying the locators that support common attributes like id, names etc as well as XPATH, javascript DOM and others (Use firebug for finding the locators)
  2. Detailed results are not available
  3. Selenium IDE does not supports loop and data driven testing
  4. No Option to verify the images.


6 comments:

  1. You are so cool! I don't believe I have read through something like this before. So wonderful to find another person with a few genuine thoughts on this subject. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality!

    Stop by my blog :: strategies for trading binary options

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep this going please, great job!

    Visit my blog post ... cedarfinnance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drop a leave a response when I appreciate a post on a
    site or if I have something to contribute to
    the conversation. Usually it is triggered by the fire communicated in the post I read.

    And after this post "Advantages and Disadvantages of selenium automation tool".
    I was actually excited enough to post a thought :-P I do have a couple of questions for you if
    it's allright. Could it be simply me or do a few of these responses look like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on additional social sites, I'd like to
    keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list
    every one of all your social pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


    My weblog binary options reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. After checking out a few of the blog articles on your blog, I really like your
    technique of writing a blog. I saved as a favorite it to my
    bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Please visit my website as well and tell me your opinion.


    Review my blog post :: cedar financr

    ReplyDelete
  5. but do the mentioned disadvantages really affect us.. I don't think so... in WebDriver, with jUnit or TestNG, we can achieve almost anything we want...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Selenium will not support testing Windows based applications

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable comments